Quick Facts about Sarcoidosis
- Estimated US prevalence is between 150,000 and 200,000 individuals.
- It affects the lungs in 90% of cases.
- If left unchecked, fibrosis may occur.
- There are limited treatment options, and there is currently no cure for it.
- It is considered chronic if the disease is active for 2-5 years.
- Roughly 5-10% of patients will have advanced sarcoidosis. Symptoms may include fatigue, pain, cognitive failure, small fiber neuropathy, inability or difficulty in exercising, and other comorbidities.